Vol 17 no 4, 1997
Guest editor Stephanie Radok. A diverse, challenging collection of articles which examines the issues confronting the newest category of funding - the emerging artist. Are the needs of emerging artists so different from those of other artists?
Subscribe to Artlink - from $55. Subscriptions available for readers anywhere in the world.
Formalism Reinvested: Some Emerging Sydney ArtistsAuthor: Ms Jacqueline Millner, feature
Sydney's artist run spaces have long played a role in nurturing new contemporary practices, allowing artists the relative freedom to experiment outside the pressures of commercial or institutional constraints, and providing a critical edge for emerging artists to cut their professional teeth. Emerging artists Mark Hislop, Alex Gawronski and My Lee Thi are here referred to.
The full text for this article is yet to be uploaded.
Subscribe to the Artlink newsletter now
Articles in this issue
- From first canvas to national collections in three years
- Book review: Impasse: Art in Australia from Colonization to Postmodernism
- Editorial: Quandong Country
- Feature: 1st floor
- Feature: All about Empire
- Feature: Ann Newmarch: Ripples in the Global Pond
- Feature: Art On-line: Inciting Hypertension
- Feature: Artist-run Intitiatives in Perth
- Feature: Between Heaven and Earth
- Feature: Boomalli Emerging Artists
- Feature: Changing Cultures and Glittering Prizes
- Feature: Counter Culture - Emerging Cultural Fusion @ < Project >
- Feature: Down in the Platform
- Feature: Emerging artists in Canberra: Carving Places
- Feature: Emerging Artists: A New Funding for (old) Initiatives
- Feature: Emerging from What?
- Feature: Finding a Place
- Feature: Formalism Reinvested: Some Emerging Sydney Artists
- Feature: From First Canvas to National Collections in Three Years
- Feature: Gallery Dunce: The Skills to Pay the Bills
- Feature: Going Public...Doin' it in the Street
- Feature: New Talent
- Feature: Over, Under, Sideways, Down
- Feature: Plastic Newcastle - The Epicentre of Denial
- Feature: Portrait of the Writer as a Young Artist
- Feature: Psycho-Troppo - Unidentifiable Artists in Townsville North Queensland
- Feature: Ricky Swallow: The Lighter Side of the Dark Side
- Feature: Shooting Stars - Brigitte Braun's Artplace
- Feature: Storming the Interface: Mindvirus, I/O/D and Deceptive Interaction
- Feature: Struggling to be Seen
- Feature: Studio/Space: Grey Area Art Space Inc.
- Feature: Talk Artists Initiative
- Feature: The Tyranny of Paradise or...On Being an Emerging Artist in Darwin
- Feature: Threadbare With Flare in the 90s
- Feature: Two Moods of Suburbia: Justene Williams and Tony Schwensen
- Feature: Watt Space?
- Feature: You be the Chorus: Rites of Passage in a Virtual Art World
- Feature: Zone Gallery
- Review: Angela Hutchings
- Review: Belinda Giddins, Mandy Ridley and Sandra Selig
- Review: Hatched
- Review: Katie Moore: Huff
- Review: Megan Keating: Schema
- Review: Zoe Sweeney: Subsist - A Cosseted Environment