Art & Education
Vol 11 no 3, 1991
Art Education and art publishing. The art education riddle and educating artists for the 21st century. Will universities empower art and design education? Art book publishing, conspicuous talent and market place neglect. Reviews
Subscribe to Artlink - from $55. Subscriptions available for readers anywhere in the world.
Rites of Passage - Queensland MergersAuthor: Ms Elizabeth Ruinard, feature
Looks at the Brisbane College of Advanced Education's art programmes more popularly known as the Kelvin Grove Art School and the Carseldine expressive arts department who joined forces in May 1990 on the occasion of the amagamation of B C A E with the larger entity of Queensland University of Technology.
The full text for this article is yet to be uploaded.
Subscribe to the Artlink newsletter now
Articles in this issue
- Book review: A Guide to Identifying Australian Architecture by Richard Apperly
- Book review: A Selected Book List
- Book review: Field of Vision by Janine Burke
- Book review: Jeffrey Smart: Paintings of the 70s and 80s by John McDonald
- Book review: Papunya Tula: Art of the Western Desert by Geoffrey Bardon
- Feature: A Cornucopia? Arts Publishing in New Zealand
- Feature: A Sociology of Art... Why Does Art Look (or Sound) Like it Does?
- Feature: Aboriginal and Islander Art Course: More than survival
- Feature: Amalgamation chaos at College of Art
- Feature: An Alternative Model in Academia
- Feature: Art Schools Academe 2001
- Feature: Art?
- Feature: Computer Art: Critical issues in teaching
- Feature: Crisis in Queensland
- Feature: Distribution - Who Will Tame the Bete Noir?
- Feature: Freemasonry or Free Interchange?
- Feature: From Solving to Setting Problems: Project-based Design Education
- Feature: Funding for Visual Arts Publishing
- Feature: Government Help Available
- Feature: Mini-theories? Film and Video Education
- Feature: Mom's Long Arms: The Art Institution Reaches Out
- Feature: More Exotic More Humane: World Music
- Feature: Problems with Art Publishing in Australia
- Feature: Rites of Passage - Queensland Mergers
- Feature: The Balloon Man Cometh: A Salutary Tale
- Feature review: Learning to be Naive
- Feature review: Modernism and Post Modernism in Asian Art
- Feature review: Rescue
- Review: Dadang Christanto
- Review: Film Theory Seminars
- Review: Gavin Blake
- Review: Ginger Riley and Ian Abdulla
- Review: Helen Taylor, Judith Dinham, Glen Phillips, Jill Kempson
- Review: Jokes and Jelly
- Review: Lyndal Jones Prediction Piece 10
- Review: South of No North
- Review: The Body in Question: Jewellery
- Review: Torso, Group Show: Richard Baxter Smith and Bill Doyle