Vol 17 no 4, 1997
Guest editor Stephanie Radok. A diverse, challenging collection of articles which examines the issues confronting the newest category of funding - the emerging artist. Are the needs of emerging artists so different from those of other artists?
Subscribe to Artlink - from $55. Subscriptions available for readers anywhere in the world.
From First Canvas to National Collections in Three YearsAuthor: Ms Kieran Finnane, feature
The story of senior women from the remote community of Kintore Northern Territory, who after just three years became Central Australia's most sought-after artists.
The full text for this article is yet to be uploaded.
Subscribe to the Artlink newsletter now
Articles in this issue
- From first canvas to national collections in three years
- Book review: Impasse: Art in Australia from Colonization to Postmodernism
- Editorial: Quandong Country
- Feature: 1st floor
- Feature: All about Empire
- Feature: Ann Newmarch: Ripples in the Global Pond
- Feature: Art On-line: Inciting Hypertension
- Feature: Artist-run Intitiatives in Perth
- Feature: Between Heaven and Earth
- Feature: Boomalli Emerging Artists
- Feature: Changing Cultures and Glittering Prizes
- Feature: Counter Culture - Emerging Cultural Fusion @ < Project >
- Feature: Down in the Platform
- Feature: Emerging artists in Canberra: Carving Places
- Feature: Emerging Artists: A New Funding for (old) Initiatives
- Feature: Emerging from What?
- Feature: Finding a Place
- Feature: Formalism Reinvested: Some Emerging Sydney Artists
- Feature: From First Canvas to National Collections in Three Years
- Feature: Gallery Dunce: The Skills to Pay the Bills
- Feature: Going Public...Doin' it in the Street
- Feature: New Talent
- Feature: Over, Under, Sideways, Down
- Feature: Plastic Newcastle - The Epicentre of Denial
- Feature: Portrait of the Writer as a Young Artist
- Feature: Psycho-Troppo - Unidentifiable Artists in Townsville North Queensland
- Feature: Ricky Swallow: The Lighter Side of the Dark Side
- Feature: Shooting Stars - Brigitte Braun's Artplace
- Feature: Storming the Interface: Mindvirus, I/O/D and Deceptive Interaction
- Feature: Struggling to be Seen
- Feature: Studio/Space: Grey Area Art Space Inc.
- Feature: Talk Artists Initiative
- Feature: The Tyranny of Paradise or...On Being an Emerging Artist in Darwin
- Feature: Threadbare With Flare in the 90s
- Feature: Two Moods of Suburbia: Justene Williams and Tony Schwensen
- Feature: Watt Space?
- Feature: You be the Chorus: Rites of Passage in a Virtual Art World
- Feature: Zone Gallery
- Review: Angela Hutchings
- Review: Belinda Giddins, Mandy Ridley and Sandra Selig
- Review: Hatched
- Review: Katie Moore: Huff
- Review: Megan Keating: Schema
- Review: Zoe Sweeney: Subsist - A Cosseted Environment