Vol 10 no 3, 1990
Yes but what IS community arts? a strategy for social reform? a way of life? a political movement? a victory for the margins? a type of social welfare? a radical challenge to the art institution? a model for a new culture?
Subscribe to Artlink - from $55. Subscriptions available for readers anywhere in the world.
The full text for this article is yet to be uploaded.
Subscribe to the Artlink newsletter now
Articles in this issue
- A Brief History of an Arts Practice in community contexts
- Anita Aarons on Aesthetic Aerobics
- Australian Labour Based Art in an International Context.
- Belles Lettres: Voices from Homes of Violence
- Challenge for a new force
- Community Art as Feminist Challenge: Vivienne Binns
- Community Arts -- Collaborative Design
- Community Arts Resource Centre
- Community Arts: the Seventies Fad that never went away
- Cultural Lifestyle as a Taxpayer: 1990 the new era for self responsibility
- Curbin the Urban
- Excuse me but we are still out here...
- Extending Parameters
- From a Cardboard Box to Knox
- Interview with Deborah Mills, director of the Community Development Cultural Unit
- Legitimate at last
- Mural on a truck
- Music by any other name would be as sweet.
- Now we are 10 Redback Graphix 10 year anniversary touring exhibition
- People and places
- Photo Access
- Powerhouse Regional Arts Centre
- Prospect Public Spaces Study Group
- Public Art
- Realising Potential in Writing
- Reflections on Experience
- Savage Lives
- Shoulder to Shoulder -- neither absent nor silent
- State of the Arts in Community Arts - a special 16 page directory to national resources.
- Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras
- Teenage Roadshows Journeys of Discovery
- The Arts Council at a Cultural Frontier
- The Arts in your Community: Why and How
- The Evolution of Urban Art
- The Poster, the Gringa and 6 Languages
- The Spray Can, Community Art and Young People
- Through the Looking Glass: Community art at the Strathmont Centre
- Towards the Yapa Way
- WhatÕs wrong with the Lounge Room? Community arts and Public TV
- Why do Angels fly Anti-clockwise?