Finance and Administration Manager
Artlink Australia publishes a quarterly themed magazine and maintains an online archive supporting developments across the visual arts and related disciplines. We are seeking an experienced and professional Finance and Administration Manager to join our team, based in the Glenside Health and Cultural Precinct, Adelaide.
This position will play a key role in our organisation’s funding and execution strategy through the legal requirements of our funding partners, Australia Council and the Government of South Australia (Arts SA). The successful incumbent will collaborate with the Executive Editor to focus on the financial and office administration of the company.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of financial transactions and procedures, managing a subscriber database and distribution network as well as an online shopfront. You will report to the Executive Editor and a Board of Directors.
- Experience in a similar role with a sound knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills meeting specific deadlines
- Knowledge and experience in software such as Xero and Excel, managing client databases
- A sound knowledge of budget preparations
- Demonstrated capabilities in managing bank reconciliations, accounts payable, accounts receivable and a small payroll base
- Strong ethics, professional accountability in managing client confidential data and an interest in working for the not-for-profit sector
- Excellent writing and communication skills
A professional qualification will be an advantage but not essential.
Job description and responsibilities
- Accounting experience in either public, private organisations or accounting firms
- Management and accurate data entry of online sales, retail distribution, subscriptions sales, invoicing and renewals
- Recording and payment of accounts payable. Tracking of accounts receivable and debtor management
- Bank statements reconciliation and banking. Quarterly BAS preparation, lodgement and review
- Fortnightly Payroll administration, Superannuation and EOFY PAYG
- Co-ordination of grant applications and submissions to funding bodies and the not-for-profit sector, including annual budget preparation and lodgement of financial acquittal reports to funding partners
- Co-ordination of meetings with Board of Directors, preparation of agenda, minutes and bi-monthly financial reports with notes to the Board of Directors
- Participation in annual financial audits and submission in compliance with the ATO and Australian Charities and Not-For-Profit Commission
- Oversight of office IT systems and services, including equipment and software upgrades, database systems.
- This is a permanent part time position and salary and hours will be negotiated in accordance with experience.
To apply, complete the questions in the link and upload your CV at RemiPeople.