Communications and Sales Manager
Salary: $60,000 FTE / year pro-rated over 3.5 days (22.6 hours per week)
Application deadline: 30 September 2019
Artlink Australia publishes a quarterly magazine and maintains an online archive of new writing on the latest ideas, trends and practices across the visual arts and related disciplines. Our provocative themed editions connect contemporary art with the big questions and issues of our time.
We are seeking an experienced Communications and Sales Manager, offering flexible hours and a flexible working environment to the right candidate. You will be responsible for marketing and social media, advertising sales and promotions, and contribute to the development of Artlink’s business model, reporting to the Executive Editor.
The office is located in the Glenside Arts and Health Precinct, Adelaide. Some interstate travel and out of hours work required.
• developing Artlink’s profile as a leading source for new writing on the visual arts and related disciplines;
• managing all communications and social media to promote the quarterly print, digital and online editions, including the circulation of online reviews and featured content from the front and back list;
• brokering and managing advertising sales and partnership opportunities across the arts, education, media, government and private sectors;
• providing communications support for magazine sales, subscription campaigns, print and digital distribution networks in Australia and the Asia-Pacific;
• representing Artlink at industry events, including trade fairs, conferences and launches.
• qualifications or relevant professional experience in the visual arts, or related fields, in a marketing and communications role;
• excellent writing and communications skills, and the ability to contribute to the conversation through the arts;
• advocacy and research skills in identifying niche sector markets, brokering partnerships, advertising and sales opportunities;
• experience in digital marketing, analytics and reporting; and maintaining client sector mailing lists and databases;
• respect for cultural diversity and the centrality of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander arts and culture to the national interest;
• adaptability to working with a small team and office to support the business model of a small arts publisher.
▪ freelance writing and/or experience in a publishing role.
Artlink Australia has charity status in Australia, registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission, and is supported by the Visual Arts and Craft Strategy, an initiative of the Australian, State and Territory Governments through the Australia Council and the Government of South Australia.
To apply, send your CV and statements addressing the essential qualities (selection criteria) to email@example.com.
For further details, contact Amanda Macri or Eve Sullivan on 08 8271 6228.