Sculpture and Cities
Vol 20 no 4, 2000
Focus on new art in public places around Australia, problems and possible solutions. Commissions that have been successes and failures. Sydney Olympic commissions. Also update on four artists, Frank Bauer, Victor Meertens, Asher Bilu, and Jim Paterson. Interviews with Peter Sellars on a radical Adelaide Festival, with Mark Fitz-Gerald on Viscopy the artists' copyright collection agency. Challenge to auction houses. Donald Brook on why art has no history. Reviews
Subscribe to Artlink - from $55. Subscriptions available for readers anywhere in the world.
Auctions and Copyright: MoratoriumAuthor & Artist: Mr Paul Greenaway, feature
Recent auctions held by Christie's, Sotherby's and Deutscher-Menzies have clearly demonstrated that the market is now looking towards artists in their fifties and even younger. The relationship between artists and auction houses is here discussed with reference to artists Juan Davila, Charles Blackman, Imants Tillers, Mandy Martin, John Wolseley, Howard Arkley, Lloyd Rees, Emily Kngwarray, Lin Onus and groups Desart, Balgo Artists and Utopia Arts.
The full text of this article is only available in the printed version of Artlink Magazine.
» Subscribe or order a back issue
Subscribe to the Artlink newsletter now
Articles in this issue
- Artrave: Artrave
- Book review: Hilda Rix Nicholas: Her Life and Her Art by John Pigot
- Editorial: Success, Excellence and Iconoclasm
- Feature: Asher Bilu: Doing Business with the Cosmic
- Feature: Auctions and Copyright: Moratorium
- Feature: Frank Bauer Goes Public
- Feature: Gateway to Adelaide: The Process, The Result
- Feature: Heroic Scale: Sydney Airport and Homebush Bay
- Feature: Ian North: A Public Meditation on Surgery
- Feature: Interview: Peter Sellars, Adelaide Festival Director
- Feature: Melbourne's Public Art goes Temporary
- Feature: Polemic: GO BACK You Are Going the Wrong Way
- Feature: Public Art Boom in Western Australia
- Feature: Signage to Confuse and Amuse
- Feature: Stafford and Staff: Queensland's Public Art Agency
- Feature: Texas: Artists Move in on Project Row House
- Feature: The Art of Living Dangerously: Victor Meertens
- Feature: Unchain my Art: Myths Around Women Artists
- Feature: Underappreciated: Australian Women Modernists
- Feature: Urban Design/Public Art Alliances in Victoria
- Feature: Wendy Mills in the Mall: The 'Water Table'
- Feature: Why You Should Join VISCOPY Now!
- Feature: Will we get real Artist's Moral Rights?
- Review: Allan Baker, A Survey
- Review: Australian Icons : Twenty Artists from the Collection
- Review: Celebrating The Exquisite Corpse
- Review: CHEMISTRY: Art in South Australia 1990-2000: The Faulding Exhibition
- Review: Chiasm; An Enduring Symbol; Objectum; Core
- Review: Parameters Head: A La Ronde, Sally Smart
- Review: Paramor: Lost and found
- Review: Private Rooms: 10 years of painting by Anne Wallace
- Review: Rhopography
- Review: Talking Together
- Review: Watermarks: Crossings, Carolyn Lewens and Neil Stanyer and Illuminating Evidence, Felicity Spear and Sarah Winfrey
- Vis.arts.online: Vis.Arts.Online